About of 1200 books from Russia displayed at the 29th Tehran International Book Fair which be held on May 4-14, 2016 in Tehran, Iran.
The Tehran Book Fair has long experience of successful work; more than 1600 publishers participate in it with about of 350,000 book titles on display. In 2016 the representatives of more than 22 world countries are going to take part in the Fair: Azerbaijan, Afghanistan, Germany, India, Spain, Kazakhstan, China, Mexico, Oman, Poland, Russia, USA, Turkey, Japan, etc.
This year Russia is the Special Guest of the 29th Tehran International Book Fair. The organizer of “Books from Russia” Russian National Stand is the General Directorate of International Book Exhibitions, JSC under the patronage of the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communication. In the frames of the Russian Stand the culture and science, education and fine arts, architecture and tourism will be displayed through the prism of the book publishing.
In the Fair Solemn Opening which will be held on May, 3d Mr.Mikhail Shvydkoy, the representative of the RF President on International Cultural Cooperation, will take part.
On May 4th, 2016 the Solemn Opening Ceremony of “Books from Russia” National Stand will take place led by Mr. Sergey Kaykin, the Head of the General Directorate of International Book Exhibitions and Fairs. The Russian delegation will be consisted of 35 figures of culture, among them such writers as: Alexey Varlamov, Viktor Yerofeev, Kanta Ibragimov, Farit Nagimov, Guzel Yakhina, Yelena Usachyova, Aliyona Karimova, Nazim Zeynalov, as well as Russian publishers, journalists and book distributors.
In the process of the Russian stand working about of 1200 books of 50 publishers will be on display. For 10 days of the Fair the visitors of “Books from Russia” National Stand will be able to estimate classical, scientific, educational literature for the Russian language learners as a foreign language, as well as the children’s literature, directories and science-popular editions, contemporary prose and poetry, photo albums, books and albums on fine arts.
In total about of 70 events will be conducted in the frames of the Russian participation in the Fair: one part of them – in the frames of “Books from Russia” Stand, and the other part – outside the Fair venue.
During the first day of the Tehran International Book Fair the presentation of the program of the Russian language teaching in the professional education in the A.S.Pushkin State Institute of the Russian Language and as well in the research Iranian Center of the Humanities attached to the Ministry of Education of Iran will be held. The training program will be spoken about by the specialists of A.S.Pushkin State Institute of the Russian Language, the representatives of the Iranian Association of the Russian Language and Literature, as well as the representatives of the Iranian Universities.
On the Fair a number of discussions in the form of the “round table” will take place, such as:
– The discussion on the issue of the mutual translations. The presentation of the Institute of Translations and its grant programs – on the issues of the development and translations of the children’s literature with the participation of Ms. N.S.Litvinets, the Institute of Translations program director and the Iranian Universities representatives
- The dialogue on the prospects of the book industry development in Russia and in the Islamic Republic of Iran.
- As well the Moscow International Book Fair, the St.-Petersburg International Book Salon, St.-Petersburg Exhibition of the Historical Literature will be presented.
- Special attention at the Tehran International Book Fair will be paid to the children – there will be held the master-classes on paper cutout and the art of paper design without scissors and glue, arts of Gzhel and Zhostov Paintings.
- The Russian National Stand will present the “Russian Publishers Catalogue” with the information of more than 200 publishers – all the Russian book market palette.
- As well on the Fair the catalogue named “Books from Russia” will be presented where it is collected the information about the books featured by the readers and professional community in 2015. These editions – are the laureates and the Russian Book Awards “short list” incomers.
Upon the finishing of the Fair all the books from the Russian National Stand will be donated to the Iranian Universities and the Embassy of the Russian Federation in the Islamic Republic of Iran.